Introduction: Block Pop Essentials & Time-Saving Tips

Cake pops are adorable, succulent treats that y'all can make for any occasion! But, when you lot start attempt to make them - it may exist fashion more time-consuming than you could have e'er hoped for or imagined. I wasted a lot of time originally because I bought a brownie popular mold. The brownies I fabricated in them were deformed and misshapen - and so I decided to brand real cake pops the right way! These tips should help save you precious time! To avoid mutual mistakes (which I accept made myself) hither are some useful tips to consider:

Cake Pop Tip #1 - Dipping Exercise'south & Don'ts

When making cake pops, candy melts are usually used to dip the cake pops into for the outer coating. You can buy candy melts at most grocery stores. When melting, follow the instructions on the package. If you want to change the colour of the melts, be Conscientious! Do

not

use nutrient coloring under any circumstances - this will ruin the candy melts. The consistency will change and your cake pops will wait terrible if you lot endeavor to dip it in it. If yous must dye the color, use a concentrated icing color or gel - I recommend Wilton'southward.

Cake Pop Tip #2 - Fastest Dipping Method

If you want to create all your block pops in much less time, in that location is a much faster and easier method to dipping than with the processed melts. I retrieve it is equally delicious as well. You need to buy some type of store-bought frosting (hopefully this would piece of work with dwelling-made as well, simply I have still to try information technology). Take the cover off of the frosting container and the metal lid if it has one. Then put the frosting container in the microwave. Put information technology in for xxx seconds at one-half power (five) - then cheque if it is fully melted. If not, get out it in for another 15 seconds at one-half power - mix it around to see if it is mixing smoothly with a liquid consistency - if not, echo until ready. Then dip your cake pops in it, let the backlog drip off and let it dry out. If the cake is very nighttime, then you can dip it twice. It hardens, only isn't totally solid like the ones dipped in candy melts. It looks shiny & polish - more than the candy melt-dipped ones. I  loved how mine turned out - and it was and so much easier than with the melts.

Cake Popular Tip #3 - Lollipop Sticks

Once the cake assurance are all made, then dip a lollipop stick in the candy melt and insert into the block ball. Repeat with all others. Effort not to handle them or motion them around too much until the entire thing is dipped. It can cause issues with the stick remaining in place. So, let these sit around so they can cool and harden - so that the stick is in the cake brawl and not going to come out or push through it. Afterwards that is done, and the candy melt is hard and secured to the stick and cake pop ball, then y'all can dip the unabridged cake pop into either frosting or more than candy melts.

Cake Pop Tip #4 - Pan vs. Cake Pop Maker - Baby Cakes
I've personally spent a lot of coin on every type of cake pop pan yous tin can imagine - and none of them were easy to use or turned out well. In that location is the common method of making block pops, which involves baking a cake and then crumbling information technology and mushing it together into assurance. I don't similar this at all - I think it'south a little gross to exist honest and I don't similar the texture of mashed, mushed together cake! So, I was so lucky last Christmas as my own mother bought me a block pop maker, called Babe Cakes. Rather than the long conventional method which takes about 30 minutes a batch, using the Baby Cakes maker took me only 3-5 minutes per batch! I tin can whip up so many Cake Pops with and so much less piece of work and cleanup, I beloved this block pop maker and so much! You only need to exist aware that you lot must modify the block mix recipe slightly - so that the cake pop will be a piddling denser than a normal block. Delight read Tip #5 for instructions!

Cake Pop Tip #five - Using Cake Pop Maker - How to Adjust Cake Mix Recipe
If y'all use a cake mix for this, you need the cake pop batter to be a little bit thicker. You substitute milk for any h2o content that the recipe might telephone call for, use no oil and add together an egg. I hope this helps!

Lastly, have fun decorating! I personally put a handful of candy melts in a zip lock purse - top open up - in the microwave. I melt them, so cut a tiny hole in the corner and utilize it to make designs on the cake pops. The Valentine'southward Twenty-four hour period cake pops I made were for my son'southward grade (30 of them) - and I fabricated the decorative roses out of fondant. They are my favorite!

Click Here to View My Instructable on Making Marbled Cake Pops!

Holly Mann is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Assembly Programme, an affiliate advertisement program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertizement fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.

one Person Fabricated This Projection!

Recommendations